Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Blazon for my Boys

You boys,
two of you,
and each one,
let me count up the ways
that you delight me:
your morning breath
and farts at the dinner table,
your lies and deep truths,
your fierce hugs and closed doors,
your growth spurts,
your needing new shoes again!
You will not be stopped--
your tracks lead farther and farther from home;
you wake with up ice cream
and in your bedroom
your floors are littered with socks and gitch,
and though you can shoot 200 baskets,
your laundry lies beside the hamper,
midst ten years worth of stuffies and
buttery popcorn seeds.
I love your complaints and refusals,
your no's, your dislikes,
your wishes and desires--
I would grant them all;
I want to take my fairy wand
and make everything come true for you.
I want red carpets
to unroll before you,
and refrigerators
to open their doors wide;
I want you to own candy stores
and play video games 'til morning.
I want the world to revolve around you
and I want you to know
that the earth opens its arms for you,
and that gravity is
just another theory for
me falling at your feet.






3 comments:

Danielle said...

This is so incredibly beautiful, Kat ~*. Thank you for allowing us to delight in this journey ~*

Kat Wiebe said...

I love the connection with you too!

Unknown said...

Oh that is so nice. It sums up my boys the same way. I could really reflect